10 Myths of Student Ministry Adult Leadership
- The Youth Minister is the hired “buddy” for students.
- Adults aren’t needed unless it’s to make sure parents feel comfortable with the ratio of chaperones to students on trips.
- Adults can’t relate to students
- The Youth Minister can reach every student for Christ.
- Adult leadership will make student ministry boring.
- Small Group Bible Study doesn’t work.
- Programs define successful student ministry
- Teaching is the only form of good leadership.
- Leaders need to know all the answers.
- Adults volunteer to serve in the student ministry because they want to support the youth minister.
Web Links For Parents
- For Students
- www.biblos.com – this is a great website for Bible Study help.
- www.dare2share.org – this website by Greg Stier is a great resource for evangelism training
- www.desiringgod.org – this website has tons of free books and articles to read.
- http://www.theparentlink.com/index.php – website offering help in parenting teens
- http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting/teens.aspx – great site for teen issues.
- http://www.josh.org – Josh Mcdowell’s ministry site. Great sites for tough questions!
- http://www.boundless.org/ – great site for several options in parenting!!!!
- http://www.allaboutprayer.org/prayers-for-teens-faq.htm – prayers your teen may want to incorporate in his/her life.http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/five-prayers-for-your-daughter/ – a great prayer guide for daughters.http://www.susanalexanderyates.com/31-days-of-prayer-for-my-teen/ – a great resource for daily prayers for teens.https://www.reviveourhearts.com/articles/31-biblical-virtues-to-pray-for-your-children/ – this apples to children and teens.
- http://stuffchristianslike.net/ – this is a MUST. May provide a fun laugh for the day.
- http://babylonbee.com – This is just too funny.